2018 it looking like the year I #GetUpSTandUp for my rights by challenging all presumptions. One of those presumptions it tax liability of Social Security as defined by the social security act.
Many people envision men in dark uniforms wielding guns kidnapping them should they dare to stop paying taxes… And that may be so if you are in fact liable as a “taxpayer“! The point is to read the information with comprehension and critical thinking to see how if and how it applies you as a man or woman instead of assuming the position of taxpayer.
Today I began researching the Social security act and here are my notes [Keep in mind that the key is in the definition of terms and IF apply to YOU working regular jobs]:
TITLE VIII- TAXES WITH RESPECT TO EMPLOYMENT
INCOME TAX ON EMPLOYEES
SECTION 801. In addition to other taxes, there shall be levied, collected, and paid upon the income of every individual a tax equal to the following percentages of the wages (as defined in section 811) received by him after December 31, 1936, with respect to employment (as defined in section 811)
SEC. 811. When used in this title- (a) The term wages means all remuneration for employment, including the cash value of all remuneration paid in any medium other than cash; except that such term shall not include that part of the remuneration which, after remuneration equal to $3,000 has been paid to an individual by an employer with respect to employment during any calendar year, is paid to such individual by such employer with respect to employment during such calendar year. (b) The term employment means any service, of whatever nature, performed within the United States by an employee for his employer, except-
(1) Agricultural labor;
(2) Domestic service in a private home;
(3) Casual labor not in the course of the employer s trade or business;
(4) Service performed by an individual who has attained the age of sixty-five;
(5) Service performed as an officer or member of the crew of a vessel documented under the laws of the United States or of any foreign country;
(6) Service performed in the employ of the United States Government or of an instrumentality of the United States;
(7) Service performed in the employ of a State, a political subdivision thereof, or an instrumentality of one or more States or political subdivisions;
(8) Service performed in the employ of a corporation, community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals, no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual.
[I find it strange they don’t define “remuneration” but in looking it up myself I found this helpful gem: http://losthorizons.com/Documents/BriefAndBright.pdf]
RULES AND REGULATIONS
SEC. 908. The Commissioner of Internal Revenue, with the approval of the Secretary of the Treasury, shall make and publish rules and regulations for the enforcement of this title, except sections 903, 904, and 910.
TITLE XI- GENERAL PROVISIONS
DEFINITIONS SECTION 1101. (a) When used in this Act-
(1) The term State (except when used in section 531) includes Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia.
(2) The term United States when used in a geographical sense means the States, Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia.
(3) The term person means an individual, a trust or estate, a partnership, or a corporation.
(4) The term corporation includes associations, joint-stock companies, and insurance companies.
(5) The term shareholder includes a member in an association, joint- stock company, or insurance company.
(6) The term employee includes an officer of a corporation.
(b) The terms includes and including when used in a definition contained in this Act shall not be deemed to exclude other things otherwise within the meaning of the term defined.
To be continued…
Ask your questions below!