1.5-2 lb large, fresh wild-caught shrimp, shells removed
1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, shells removed
2 ts cajun seasoning (Old Bay Seasoning or similar)
4 TB butter
3 TB melted butter
1/2 C onion, minced
1/4 C celery, minced
1/4 C green bell pepper, minced
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
1 TB garlic, minced
1/4 C homemade mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
3 TB fresh lemon juice
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
1 TB hot sauce (optional)
1 C buttery crackers, crushed
1/2 ts salt
1/4 ts fresh ground black pepper
1/2 C homemade mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves
2 TB fresh chives, diced
1-2 TB of room temp water (so i t’s dipable/pourable)
1. Mix aioli and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. Butter fly shrimp and set aside in the refrigerator.
3. In a fry pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the parsley and the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
6. Remove from heat and let cool to about room temp while you set the oven to 375 degrees.
7. Add the cooled vegetables to the crabmeat and toss to combine.
8. Add the mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce and cracker crumbs, salt and pepper to taste, stiring gently, being careful not to break up the crabmeat.
9. Set shrimp on parchment lined cookie sheet and spoon the crabmeat stuffing evenly into each shrimp (about 2 Tbsp), and place, stuffed sides up.
10. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.