I’ve never been one to make homemade cheese cake (I’ve made it only once before) but this easy version may have convinced me to whip one up more often! I guarantee it will rival your favorite version at any restaurant or party or your money back 😉
48oz of cream cheese (preferably grassfed/organic), room temp
2C evaporated cane (Sucanat, coconut sugar work too)
2ts your favorite extract (I used almond and vanilla)
1C Sour cream (preferably grassfed/organic), room temp
2TB orange rind (or lemon rind), optional*
5 large eggs, room temp
1/4C tapioca starch
1/4C coconut flour
1 batch of the graham cracker mix (unbaked is okay!)
1. Set the oven to 350 degree, wrap the outside of a 10 inch spring-form pan with two layers of foil, coat the inside of the pan with butter, press in the graham cracker crust evenly on the bottom and bake for 15-17 minutes.
2. Mix cream cheese together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. In a separate small bowl whisk sugar, coconut flour and tapioca flour.
3. Add extract and citrus rind, if using, then alternately add a sour cream, sugar/flour mixture and eggs to the cream cheese a little of each at a time while continuously whipping with the mixer until well incorporated between each egg.
*BELOW IS THE SECRET TO NO-CRACK CHEESECAKE BAKING*
4. Boil 7-8 cups of water. Fill prepared the spring form pan with the cake batter and place the pan in a large metal rectangular pan (10×15). Pour the boiled water into the rectangular pan until half filled.
5. Place the whole thing in the bottom 3rd of the oven (NOT the middle or the top will brown too quick) at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes then reduce heat to 325 degrees for another 20-25 minutes.
Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan for at least 4 hours for bestresults!