Whether you use real buttermilk or coconut cream these little biscuits will not disappoint!
3 C tapioca starch
1 C coconut flour
1 C buttermilk (or coconut milk)
3/4 C water
1 TB apple cider vinegar
1 stick of butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 ts cream of tartar (optional; for crispiness)
1. If dough seems crumbly add up to 1/4 more cup of water/liquid.
2. brush top of biscuits with buttermilk using a pastry brush to smoothen out.
2 TBL of your favorite herb(s) and/or garlic
1/4 C sucanat, maple syrup or honey
1 C cheese
1. In a medium sized bowl or stand mixer whisk dry ingredients.
2. Add all other ingredients and mix together by hand or mixer very well.
3. Roll off into 2 inch balls (about 3 table spoons) and press down to desired thickness onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I use a large ice cream scooper.
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
This could be made in advance and keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator.