These easy cookies are relatively low in fat (so feel free to whip some sugar free heavy cream for an added treat!) They’re also very easy to prepare and bake. Feel free to use chopped pecans or coconut instead of the chopped walnuts.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
* 2 large egg whites, room temperature
* 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
* 3 TBL spoons evaporated cane juice
* 3 TBL spoons tapioca starch
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup (4 ounces) soy free 70% (or higher) cocoa chocolate, melted and cooled
* 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a well greased silicone baking mat.
Heat oven to 325°.
In a dry blender or coffee grinder combine sugar and tapioca starch. Beat egg whites until foamy; beat in the salt. Gradually beat in the sugar/starch mix and continue beating on high speed until very thick and the mixture holds stiff peaks. Fold in the vanilla and cooled melted chocolate. Fold in nuts. Bake for about 9 or 10 minutes, until firm but still soft.